|Allies||The Liddell family|
|Image gallery (2)|
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland Edit
Dinah had not been physically present, although Alice talked to her many times, and frequently mentioned her to Wonderland residents. When Alice described Dinah's hunting skills to the animals in the Caucus Race, they became very uncomfortable.
American McGee's Alice Edit
Dinah was known to be the only cause of the fire. She was seen in Alice's home close to the fireplace when she stretched and gently bumped a stack of books. Her action caused the books to tumble and collide with several other objects including a lamp. The lamp broke and spilled into the fire, causing the blaze to move from its current position and burn the home.
When Alice was transferred to Rutledge Asylum, Heironymous Q. Wilson noted that a cat had "stood atop Alice as if claiming territorial right" and still continued to watch her even after it was threatened by an orderly with a stick. Whether or not it was Dinah was not confirmed, as Wilson stated that were numerous feral cats around the area. Years later, Wilson saw a mangy cat lick Alice's cheek, who hissed at him and then left through a windowsill's grate when it saw the doctor. The cat's identity was also not confirmed.
During Alice's release from Rutledge Asylum, a black cat was seen leaving with her. Whether or not the cat was Dinah a decade older, or simply a feral cat Alice befriended in the asylum and chose to adopt, was not revealed.
Alice: Madness Returns Edit
It turned out Dinah had a role in the fire, but she was not the cause of it at all. Dinah had saved Alice's life by showing her the only safe way to escape the house was to leap out the window. It was revealed the house fire had been started by Alice's psychiatrist, Dr. Angus Bumby, a rapist who killed Alice's sister Elizabeth Liddell before starting the fire.
- In Alice: Madness Returns, Dinah's name is misspelled "Dynah" in the subtitles only. Everywhere else, including the Extra Content, it is spelled Dinah.
- Dinah's absence in Madness Returns implies that she might have died sometime after Alice was released from the asylum.
- In the Italian version of the game (and Disney's cartoon), Dinah's name is changed to "Oreste," and she is a male cat.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Rogue Entertainment (2000-10-06). American McGee's Alice. (Electronic Arts). Scene: Prologue.
- ↑ Rogue Entertainment (2000-10-06). American McGee's Alice. (Electronic Arts). Scene: Wilson's casebook.
- ↑ Rogue Entertainment (2000-10-06). American McGee's Alice. (Electronic Arts). Scene: Happily Ever After.
- ↑ Spicy Horse (2011-06-17). Alice: Madness Returns. (Electronic Arts). Scene: Memories.