| Time is not the only impediment to vivid memory.
This page is under construction. Please contribute in helping this page.
|Game||Alice: Madness Returns|
|Melee attack||Slash, pummel|
|Ranged attack||Shockwaves, fire breath|
|Image gallery (3)|
Alice: Madness Returns Edit
The doll girl is quite fast when she catches sight of Alice, but she still has a noticeable pause before any of her attacks. Keeping distance is advisable when possible, as she lacks any ranged moves.
Using the Pepper Grinder or repeated melee attacks on a doll girl's body will tear off her dress and make her appear vulnerable. The doll girl tends to cover herself with her arms when she feels threatened, countering aggressive foes with her powerful fire breath.
To overcome this obstacle, target the Doll's arms (optimally with the Teapot Cannon). This prevents her from defending her body and also limits her attacks to shockwaves and fire breath, neither of which has especially good range.
Once her porcelain body takes enough damage, the front will shatter, revealing an oversized heart. Further damage to the organ causes it to explode, bringing down the doll girl.
Another plan of attack consists of removing the pins that hold her arms on. Running around behind the doll girl and shooting them out with the Pepper Grinder will leave the doll girl disarmed (in both senses of the term) and weakened. The down side to this is it forces her to use her fire breath more which can be harder to avoid. The pins can be targeted independently from each other and the doll girl.
- Stomp - The doll girl stomps on the spot, sending a small shockwave.
- Skip - The doll girl skips cheerfully, damaging anything in her way.
- Cover up - The doll girl covers her body with her arms; which makes her unable to be damaged.
- Twirling slash - The doll girl spins fast, leaving streaks in the air. Contact with her blades at this time will cause a lot of damage.
- Fire breath - The doll girl breathes fire over a small area in front of her. Generally used when she is defending herself, or after her arms are destroyed.
- Downward pummel - The doll girl brings her weapon down at an extreme speed.
This twisted, eyeless doll is twice as large as Alice. The doll girl is armed with two halves of a pair of scissors, which it tends to swing around playfully at Alice, screaming and staggering. A variation with hooks for hands can also be encountered. They walk like an infant and giggle hysterically when they "see" Alice. Despite their childish behavior, the doll girl is one of the strongest enemies in the game, with multiple attacks and a long process to defeat it.
- The doll girl may represent an abused child at the hands of Angus Bumby, who is heavily associated with dolls over the course of the game. Its mannerisms are quite childish, and the loss of its dress as it takes damage could reflect Bumby's intentions to convert orphans into prostitutes. They may also symbolize Lizzie Liddell, who Bumby raped and killed while burning Alice's house down.
- The place the doll girl emerges from is that of a naked doll, with the door at the groin. This could symbolize the vaginal area of a female. This may represent the rape of the orphan children and Alice's older sister.
- A new style of the wretched doll appears. This one has a pink dress and blue bloomers and also wears a green bow in its blonde hair. It also has abnormally big eyes, an open mouth and carries two halves of a pair of scissors, just like her "sister." It is possible that this scene was originally an introduction to the Doll Boy, before the creature was cut from the game.