|First appearance||Chapter 5|
|Game||Alice: Madness Returns|
|Location on map|
|Image gallery (24)|
Alice has to defeat a series of dolls and puzzles to reach the heart of the new corruption of Wonderland.
Alice: Madness Returns Edit
The underground part of the dollhouse is almost the exact opposite of the upper part, being that it acts more like a prison than a haven; there is no color at all and the basement seems to comprise of junk and damaged baby dolls as well as skeletons.
There is even one part where a large baby doll is crucified to a wall with two smaller baby dolls tied to its body. Breakable objects that are represented by miniature cakes become morbid baby heads. The mini-game here is Off With Her Head.
When Alice reaches the end of the Dollhouse, she meets the Dollmaker, who is Dr. Bumby's incarnation. The Insane Children are the incarnations of the children of Houndsditch she lives with, who become his sinister dolls in Wonderland, and in the real world, his child prostitutes. It is here that Alice's eyes are opened to the monster he is and the abuse she and children everywhere have suffered at his hands, including her own sister. It becomes Alice's sworn duty to have him punished for his evil.
The upper part of the world has many colorful districts, with vibrant pictures and plushies and wooden blocks. However, the lower Alice goes, the more dangerous and gloomy the Dollhouse becomes, with broken wood, splinters, and nails protruding from every corner, as well as huge deformed baby dolls and twisted furniture.
Residents and creatures Edit
- Bitch Baby
- Colossal Ruin
- Doll Girl
- Drifting Ruin
- Insane Children
- Insidious Ruin
- Menacing Ruin
- In certain places for the Dollhouse, you can see huge storybooks with Humpty Dumpty and the Jabberwock as they appear in Through the Looking-Glass on the covers.
- There are dolls representing the Mad Hatter and the White Rabbit in certain places around the Dollhouse.
- An enemy planned for the Dollhouse that was cut from the final version, the Toy Soldier, can be seen in the Extra Content section, as well as several locations around the Dollhouse. Two such appearances are in Frog's Way, once just after leaving Fort Resistance, and again when collecting cubes for the picture puzzle.
- Another planned enemy that was scrapped was the Dog Baby, originally meant as a pet for Doll Girl. Although its combat was scrapped, it can be seen somewhere in the Underground section of the Dollhouse and can be seen in the Extra Content.
- Giant versions of both Doll Girl heads can be found in the Dollhouse, mostly near Fort Resistance, and in Frog's Way, Snail's Trail, and associated locations.
- There are many heavily scarring hints about child prostitution in this level, such as pictures of dolls or children with a price in the corner indicating some sort of sale (Like Bumby selling them as sex toys for pedophiles, and, most likely, abusing them himself), beds soaked with blood (Representing hard and painful sexual intercourse, and in, sadly, many cases, raping to the point of bleeding), pictures of eyes on everything (symbolizing voyeurism, or, in some cases as it has been called, pornography), the levers becoming grotesque contraptions involving eyes and a mouth on a stick, and statues of babies in perverse sexual positions.