|First appearance||Chapter 5|
|Game||Alice: Madness Returns|
|Location on map|
|Image gallery (15)|
Alice: Madness Returns Edit
After Alice escaped the hallucination of Rutledge Asylum, she found herself in Hyde Park. She also found a wounded Insane Child who warned her about the new evil that overpowered the Queen of Hearts. The child died shortly after, leaving Alice to encounter a mirage of her house on fire.
She was then transported to the Dollhouse, where she met the Insane Child Leader. The leader asked for her help, as well as kept her up-to-date with Wonderland's situation albeit in a cryptic manner. However, the approaching Doll Girl prevented the Insane Children's leader from continuing further and forced the group to hide.
When Alice reached the end of the Dollhouse, she met the Dollmaker, an incarnation of Dr. Bumby in Wonderland. The Insane Children were the incarnations of the Houndsditch children, who became his sinister dolls, and in the real world, his child prostitutes. Her eyes are opened to the monster he was and the abuse she and children everywhere had suffered at his hands, including her own sister. It became Alice's sworn duty to punish him for his deeds.
The upper part of the world has many colorful districts, with vibrant pictures and plushies and wooden blocks. However, the lower Alice goes, the more dangerous and gloomy the Dollhouse becomes, with broken wood, splinters, and nails protruding from every corner, as well as huge deformed baby dolls and twisted furniture.
The underground part of the dollhouse is almost the exact opposite of the upper part, as it acts more like a prison than a haven. The lack of color, as well as the huge pile of junk, like damaged baby dolls and skeletons, in the basement are apparent. Breakable objects that are represented by miniature cakes become morbid baby doll heads.
Residents and creatures Edit
- Bitch Baby
- Colossal Ruin
- Doll Girl
- Drifting Ruin
- Insane Children
- Insidious Ruin
- Menacing Ruin
- The underground cellars portion of the dollhouse appears to be influenced by Jan Svankmajer's Alice, including visual elements such as meat, knives and skeletons.
- In certain places for the Dollhouse, you can see huge storybooks with Humpty Dumpty and the Jabberwock as they appear in Through the Looking-Glass on the covers.
- There are dolls representing the Mad Hatter and the White Rabbit in certain places around the Dollhouse.
- An enemy planned for the Dollhouse that was cut from the final version, the Toy Soldier, can be seen in the Extra Content section, as well as several locations around the Dollhouse. Two such appearances are in Frog's Way, once just after leaving Fort Resistance, and again when collecting cubes for the picture puzzle.
- Another planned enemy that was scrapped was the Dog Baby, originally meant as a pet for Doll Girl. Although its combat was scrapped, it can be seen somewhere in the Underground section of the Dollhouse and can be seen in the Extra Content.
- Giant versions of both Doll Girl heads can be found in the Dollhouse, mostly near Fort Resistance, and in Frog's Way, Snail's Trail, and associated locations.
- There are many heavily scarring hints about child prostitution in this level, such as pictures of dolls or children with a price in the corner indicating some sort of sale (like Bumby selling them as sex toys for pedophiles, and, most likely, abusing them himself), beds soaked with blood (representing hard and painful sexual intercourse, and in, sadly, many cases, raping to the point of bleeding), pictures of eyes on everything (symbolizing voyeurism, or, in some cases as it has been called, pornography), the levers becoming grotesque contraptions involving eyes and a mouth on a stick, and statues of babies in perverse sexual positions.
- ↑ Spicy Horse. Alice: Madness Returns. (Electronic Arts). Scene: Hide Park. Area: Chapter 5: The Dollhouse.
- ↑ Spicy Horse. Alice: Madness Returns. (Electronic Arts). Scene: Fort Resistance. Area: Chapter 5: The Dollhouse.
- ↑ Spicy Horse. Alice: Madness Returns. (Electronic Arts). Scene: Dollmaker's Workshop. Area: Chapter 5: The Dollhouse.