| Time is not the only impediment to vivid memory.
This page is under construction. Please contribute in helping this page.
|First appearance||Chapter 5|
|Game||Alice: Madness Returns|
|Location on map|
|Image gallery (1)|
Alice: Madness Returns Edit
While above the Dollmaker's Domain lies the eerie, colorful beauty of the Dollhouse, below the Domain is darker, gloomier and apparently more dangerous. It is mainly comprised of broken wood, nails and workshop materials as well as huge deformed dolls and twisted furniture, also lacking any color. Fittingly for the Dollmaker, it all resembles what Alice may see as an old toymaking workshop.
Residents and creatures Edit
- The Dollmaker's Domain may be what Alice sees as the Houndsditch Home for Wayward Youth as she begins to learn about its true purpose as well as its evil owner.
- This domain is a reflection of the horrors of what Bumby is doing to children.
- There are three dead mice with dark glasses in a jar. It could be a reference to the three blind mice from the popular nursery rhyme.
- Earlier, there is also a skeleton-cat with a large top-hat, probably a reference to Dr. Seuss' Cat in The Hat.
- The animal skeletons and taxidermy around the level are likely a reference to the 1988 Czech film Alice, another morbid depiction of the classic story populated by sentient animal skeletons and stuffed taxidermy.
- The area is one that appears to be decaying the most in Wonderland, possibly representing both Alice's sanity and that of the abused children.