Pig Snouts are pig noses found in strange spots around Wonderland, seen in Alice: Madness Returns. Sometimes flying, sometimes mounted, sometimes hidden save for Shrink Sense, the Pig Snouts open paths or reveal tasty item baskets.
Shooting snouts with Duchess' Pepper Grinder will activate the snout in order to reveal a new secret or platform that will often result in the Duchess' basket of goodies or perhaps a Bottle or Memory.
Chapter 2 Edit
15 in total
- Where the Yeti pops up, there's a Snout mounted. Go to the mushroom on this path and look back towards the Ruin battle you just had, and you should see the Snout.
- After the first Ice Snark encounter, and getting the Hobby Horse, follow the main path until you see a Breakable Wall on the right. Go through it, and the one which follows it. The Snout is mounted below where you walk into this new room.
Sliding Towards Oblivion Edit
- In the beginning, in the room with a blue mushroom, you'll hear the snout. Use Shrink Sense to find some hidden platforms, which will lead you to a vantage point where you can see and take care of the Snout.
- After the cut scene which shows you the ship in a bottle, look for a path off to the right of the main path - it leads to a mounted Snout. There's a Shrink Sense stamp which shows you when to listen for it.
- When on approach to the ship in a bottle, there's a path to the right which leads to a mushroom and a Shrinking Violet. Use Shrink Sense and you'll see a platform sitting by itself - this will start moving when you jump on it. Shrink when you need to stay on the platform, and it will lead to a cave with a Bottle in it, and a Breakable Wall behind that. Go through the Wall, turn around, and the Snout is mounted on the wall of the new cavern.
- After the first jellyfish show up, you'll find a spot where you can see a giant clam off to the side of the main path. Jump down to it and look back up at the main path - you'll see a Snout mounted below it.
- Following the first Sea Ghost you face off against, and after the shootable Switch, there's a Shrinking Violet - this indicates the beginning of a set of invisible platforms which lead to a house. Following these hidden paths, you can get around the back of the house and find a Snout.
- At the beginning of the section, in the town square, there's a statue of the Carpenter. Look up and to the right to find a mounted Snout.
- After facing the Drifting Ruin platform section, you'll approach the Theater. The Shrinking Violet points out a series of invisible platforms which will lead you to a flying Snout behind a building.
Inky Veil Edit
- From the first set of platforms, you'll be able to see the Snout mounted off to the left on a further ledge.
Choral Coral Edit
- There will be a Snout visible during the cutscene of conversation with the Music Fish. It's not like it's going anywhere after that.
Oyster Garden: Beds Available Edit
- After waking the first of the Oyster Starlets, there's a platforming section with a bunch of jellyfish. Around the second massive jellyfish, you'll find some invisible platforms. At this point, turn around and look up - there'll be a Snout mounted behind one of the rocks you passed along the way.
- One of the Sliding Puzzle pieces is tucked into a platforming section. When you get this piece, look off to the side (because you won't hear it that well) - there's a Snout flying off to the right, relative to the entrance of the section.
Lost Souls Locker Edit
- You'll hear it even as the cutscene introduces you to the Drowned Sailor. The Snout is mounted on one of the gravestones.
- After fighting the Colossal Ruin, you'll find a place with horrible things done to anthropomorphic fish. An invisible Snout is flying in the archway to the charnal house.
Chapter 3 Edit
- After the third switch (the one post-Colossal Ruin), you float up and cross a bridge. At that point, look to the right with Shrink Sense - there'll be an indicator. Get to the indicator and look up and to the right for the mounted Snout.
Scorched Earth Edit
- As you progress along the primary path, you'll hear a Snout some time after pulling the first Fish Switch. The Snout is mounted on the side of one of the islands; just listen and you'll find it fairly easily.
- Once you've faced the Daimyo Wasp, go off the main path to the left of the stairs. There's a Snout hidden in the bamboo.
- Exit the monastery and take a quick right before the stairs. There's a hidden Snout flying at the end of the bamboo alley.
Scroll of Happy Times Edit
- Immediately after the 2D scroll section, go out and look left and down - Snout's mounted on the wall.
Monastery Shelf Valley Edit
- If you go to the extreme corner of the platform you land on after the Slide, you can see a flying Snout off to the right, a little bit below your path, next to one of the rock columns.
- Following the main path, you'll bounce off a mushroom. Turn around rather than proceeding - there's a Snout flying.
- When you emerge from the caves, there's a Snout flying and visible off in the distance. Use manual aiming and you can hit it.
West Peak Prison Village Edit
- After the Sliding Puzzle is a section of hanging cages. There's a Yin-Yang door on the far wall. Near this is a mounted Snout. (It should be visible by the time you reach the complaining Ant.)
- Follow the primary path after the giant frog. There will be a Snout flying over the large fight you have after descending through all the Breakable Walls.
Chapter 4 Edit
Least Wing Edit
- After the slide down, you land on broken stone walkways. Once you make it to the round platform to fight 3 ruin creatures, you can shrink sense the pigs image on the tall stone wall, you will see the snout image from the round platform. The actual snout is located on the opposite side of the shrink sense image.
- Pass through the castle gate. Fight some cards. Instead of going to the talking statue blocking the path, take a right turn to some Shrink Sense platforms. Cross these and land on a stone ledge; the Snout will be visible and audible.
- The path to the right of the Queen's portrait leads to a club-shaped archway. The Snout is mounted behind this club/arch.
- After you encounter the Executioner for the second time, and after you fight the cards and ruin in the small room that you escape from via steam vent, you will be in the area with floating/balancing rounds. Once you land on the main section in the center, the snout image will be visible via shrink sense. You will take a shrink sense floating platform to a solid platform-he is hidden behind the wall above the 2 violets on said platform.
Waste Wing Part 1 Edit
- Immediately at the beginning of the section, the Snout is mounted on the left wall and snuffling. Go for it.
- In the large room with balancing platforms, above the second spade-labelled one, a Snout is mounted.
Waste Wing Part 2 Edit
- On the main path, in the large room with two balancing platform sets, there's a Snout mounted below the exit.
Labyrinthine Revenge Edit
- Right at the beginning, you'll have the opportunity to wander off to the left. There's a Snout flying to the right of this opening.
Chapter 5 Edit
- Dolltown Cellars
- Right after the slide, climb the stairs; a mounted Snout is visible.
- After the second slide, in the second balancing platforms room, you'll hear the Snout; it's accessible with a Shrink Sense bridge which goes underneath the main path.
- Dollgirl's Pursuit
- At the Fort, there's a Snout mounted and visible to the right of the entrance to the area.