|First appearance||Chapter 4|
|Dress gained||Royal Suit|
|Game|| American McGee's Alice|
Alice: Madness Returns
|Location on map|
|Image gallery (18)|
American McGee's Alice Edit
Queensland has become more and more tainted since the last time Alice was here, now there are repulsive appendages, mainly tentacles, protruding from every organic wall in the place, and apparently other areas here seem to even contain body parts, giving it the impression that Alice is traveling through her own body.
The fact that the castle is "alive" also seems to carry on strong hints to Alice telling her about what she is dealing with and what the Queen of Heart's true nature in Wonderland is; that she is the darkness inside Alice's own heart and is the very incarnation of her insanity.
Alice find's herself in Queensland after traveling through the Queen's garden, and is greeted with the half-missing face of the Jabberwock, now full of pure anger and hatred for Alice as she took his eye for her staff. She battles him, and inevitably defeats him.
She then travels through a series of long paths, eventually finding the Queen's residence, and eventually battling the Queen.
Alice: Madness Returns Edit
Although the Queen had returned, she was far less powerful than she once was, and Queensland had become a ruin: the stone structure of the castle was crumbling down, and the organic tentacles and plant life had died and dried up.
When Alice arrived at the gates of the castle, the Cat asked her if she was "admiring her handiwork" which resulted from her "crime," referring to the death of the Queen by her own hand. However, Alice reminded him that he had told her that she had to kill the Queen in order to save everyone, and that the Queen had not been very nice to him last time, beheading him because of his attempt to help Alice. However, the Cat brushed her comments off, and told the girl to speak to the Queen, or what was left of her.
Further on, Alice found that the Chess pieces - Reds and Whites - had been defeated by the Queen's minions, and the White King had been dismembered and was now being used to block the way in. The King warned Alice of the Executioner, a large Card Guard that could not be killed, before allowing her to destroy him so she could get inside.
While trying to find the Queen, Alice was set upon by undead Card Guards and hunted by the Executioner. After escaping the beast's blade a number of times, Alice made her way into the maze in the garden, and while running from the Executioner once more, she found an Eat Me cake in the maze center.
Taking a bite of the cake made Alice gigantic, and she used her size to crush the Executioner once and for all, and to tear her way through to the castle's center, where she drank a fountain of Drink Me potion to shrink down again to fit inside.
Deep inside the fortress, new organic materials and tentacles had started to form, where the Queen had attempted to regain her control of Queensland. In the throne room, the Queen rages over Alice's actions: while the girl once forcefully stopped the Queen from taking control of both their lives, she had now allowed another to give her orders.
She tells Alice that the train is destroying all evidence of Alice's past, especially of the fire, and asks Alice to think of someone who could gain something from her madness. Hearing this, Alice tried to convince herself that she is sane as she was not the one who started the fire after all, and she could still stop the train.
The Queen then trapped Alice in her tentacles and told her that Alice's quest for her own personal truth was blinding her to the reality of what was actually happening around her, before consuming her.
Queensland is ridden with the oozing and disgusting appendages that leak from the body of the Queen of Hearts. It is a broken kingdom of stone walls, clasped together by the corrupt tentacles that spill from the body of its Queen. Although a large, unsettling kingdom, the residence are little more than guards bred to protect their Queen.
There are also some ruin enemies, but this is understandable as it is their duty to haunt Alice throughout the game, however, the Queen appears to have taken in some of these ruin to control them; a sign that the Dollmaker and the Queen of Hearts are at large war with each other.
The more Alice proceeds throughout the domain, the more the area is constructed by the protruding appendages the Queen has developed. Some have even reformed into large fleshy mounds that clasp against most areas of certain walls and floors. Once Alice greets the Queen, the entire area, including the throne that she rests on is clasped by herself.
American McGee's Alice Edit
Queensland is a selection of five different locations which come together to make a complete level:
Residents and creatures Edit
- Armored Card Guard
- Card Guards
- Drifting Ruin
- Insidious Ruin
- Menacing Ruin
- Queen of Hearts
- Queensland is also the name of the Northern East State of Australia. However, it's unlikely that the in-game location was named after the real life state. It's more likely a homonym of the phrase "Queen's Land," referring to the domain's ruler (Land of The Queen).
- Some of the Insidious Ruin in this area are pink rather than black. This is possibly because the Queen of Hearts, rather than the Dollmaker, is controlling them.
- Remains of Razputin, the protagonist of Psychonauts, is found on a chair in a secret cavern.
- ↑ Spicy Horse. Alice: Madness Returns. (Electronic Arts). Scene: Peak Temple. Area: Chapter 3: Oriental Grove.
- ↑ Spicy Horse. Alice: Madness Returns. (Electronic Arts). Scene: Least Wing. Area: Chapter 4: Queensland.
- ↑ Spicy Horse. Alice: Madness Returns. (Electronic Arts). Scene: Waste Wing Part 1. Area: Chapter 4: Queensland.
- ↑ Spicy Horse. Alice: Madness Returns. (Electronic Arts). Scene: Waste Wing Part 2. Area: Chapter 4: Queensland.
- ↑ Spicy Horse. Alice: Madness Returns. (Electronic Arts). Scene: Labyrinthine Revenge. Area: Chapter 4: Queensland.
- ↑ Spicy Horse. Alice: Madness Returns. (Electronic Arts). Scene: Harder they Fall. Area: Chapter 4: Queensland.
- ↑ Spicy Horse. Alice: Madness Returns. (Electronic Arts). Scene: Dark of Heartness. Area: Chapter 4: Queensland.