Alice: Madness Returns
Alice Liddell was able to collect Teeth after fighting Insidious Ruin and Bolterflies at the Looking Glass Railway in the Vale of Tears. Afterwards, Teeth were either dropped by enemies, or found in breakable containers and Duchess baskets.
- In the first Alice: Madness Returns trailer, Alice opens her mouth and her teeth fall out – one tooth has a symbol on it. It is thought by some that she is collecting the teeth which she lost in the trailer.
- A theory is that the Teeth are symbolic of Alice's mental health. Losing teeth in dreams is often seen as a symbol that the dreamer is stressed, like how Alice is stressed by her deteriorating mental health. One could interpret Alice taking teeth from enemies as regaining control of her sanity.
- Another theory that the reason Teeth are currency is because Alice may have been gifted money by her parents whenever she lost a baby tooth, similar to the tooth fairy, which may have made her view teeth as symbols of value.
- It takes 6750 Teeth to fully upgrade all the weapons. After this, collecting them is only useful for Alice's health when wearing the Hattress dress.
- Most enemies dropped white Teeth while harder enemies had the possibility of dropping golden Teeth.
- Some dresses increase the drops of Teeth like the Steamdress and Silk Maiden.
- Once Alice has collected enough Teeth to upgrade one of her weapons to its maximum level, the player will receive the "More than a Mouthful" achievement.
- Once Alice has collected enough Teeth to upgrade all of her weapons to their maximum level, the player will receive the "Armed to the Teeth" achievement.